Thursday, June 11, 2015

Propose to me with a motorcycle

Picturing the inevitable fight I’ll have with my imaginary future fiancee when he gives me a wedding ring as I try to hide my disappointment. I rarely wear jewelry because it’s a safety hazard; a long dangly necklace can easily get sucked into a skill saw and hoop earrings can be ripped from your head during a sparring match. I’d instantly go from pretty and feminine to a bloody mess. Don’t get me wrong, I like pretty shiny things, but how about questioning the norm and giving something meaningful to your betrothed, like a motorcycle?


I first heard of this idea in Joshua Tree, California. I was on my way to find a campsite when a parked Honda enduro caught my eye and I had this weird and unjustified need to meet the owner. Ends up the rider is a lady who works at the outdoor adventure store called Nomadic Ventures. She told me that her husband proposed to her with that bike! He figured that a wedding ring costs about the same as a motorcycle, so why not give her something that she would adore? I am hoping that this man is a trendsetter. What could be more romantic than a motorcycle?